When using JohnsonCityPress.com users are assured the information will not be provided to any other organization. Online visitors who supply personal information while making a news tip or letter to the editor or respond to an online survey may receive a phone call or email for confirmation purposes or, when indicated, for interview by a reporter.
We may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, including your e-mail address, postal address, home or work telephone number, credit card number (only if you choose to purchase a product online), for purposes such as correspondence, making a purchase, or participating in online contests, surveys or games. If you choose to give us personal information via the Internet that we or our business partners may need -- to correspond with you, process an order or provide you with a subscription, for example -- it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information.
We may require you to supply us with personal information (demographic information such as average age, income, education, population data, zip codes) during a "registration" process online prior to using certain features of our site. For example, you may be required to register to use chat rooms, forums, to access archival stories, to subscribe to our member newspapers, subscribe to an e-mail version of our site, and to access other features. We use this general information to aggregate information according to demographics, such as gender, geographic location, age, income or a combination of these or other demographics.
We may perform statistical analyses of aggregate user behavior. This allows us to measure relative consumer interest in the various areas of our Web sites for product development purposes. Any information we collect is used for its own internal purposes to improve the content of the Web sites, to enhance users' experiences when visiting our site(s), to customize the content and/or layout of our pages, and to provide the services required by an individual user.
We do not use personal identifying information for any reason that is not disclosed either in this Policy or at the time the information is requested. We never send e-mail to you unless you request a particular service, or consent to being contacted by e-mail. There are instances where you will have the opportunity to subscribe to an e-mail list that will send information about the site or our advertisers to your e-mail address, but this will be done only with your permission and consent.
We use our best efforts to ensure the security of personal information submitted by users. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, we offer secured-server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to thwart someone from intercepting it and misusing it. When we collect other information from our users, it is stored in an area where the general public does not have access to it.
At any time while assessing our site(s), any user while online may "opt-out" of further e-mail contact from us (while still allowing access to our site(s)). For further information about opting-out, contact us at the e-mail addresses, postal addresses or telephone numbers stated above.
1. QUALITY. All advertising must be in good taste as to form, subject matter, wording, size, illustration and typography. The Johnson City Press reserves the right to refuse publication of any advertising which in the Johnson City Press opinion is offensive, misleading or detrimental to the public or the newspaper.
2. ERRORS AND ADJUSTMENTS. Errors in advertisements are the responsibility of the Advertiser unless, in display advertisements, proofs are not shown to the Advertiser, or the Johnson City Press has failed to follow written corrections on proofs. When the responsibility for error is that of the Johnson City Press, the adjustment for error will be based on the Advertisers contract rate multiplied by the space occupied by the error. Johnson City Press accepts no responsibility for omission of advertisements or for errors on ads submitted and accepted after published deadlines. Request for adjustments must be made within 60 days from date of error. Parties agree that this contract will not be voided because of typographical errors, incorrect insertions or omissions in advertising published.
3. ADVERTISING CANCELLATION. Advertising canceled later than 24 hours prior to publication will be subject to a 20% cancellation fee.
4. AVAILABILITY OF NEWSPRINT. This contract is subject to the availability of newsprint. The Johnson City Press reserves the rights to cancel or reduce the amount of advertising space available to advertisers for lack of newsprint availability.
5. POSITION. Requests for special position will be given every consideration and Johnson City Press will cooperate by following requests whenever possible. Position cannot be guaranteed.
6. COPYRIGHT. All advertising copy, which represents the creative effort of Johnson City Press and/or the utilization of creativity, illustrations, labor, composition or material furnished by it, is and remains the property of the Johnson City Press, including all rights of copyright therein. Advertiser understands and agrees it cannot authorize photographic or other reproductions, in whole or in part, of any such copy for use in any other medium without the express written consent of Johnson City Press.
7. ADVERTISING AGENCY. If advertiser utilizes an Advertising Agency, the Advertiser and the Advertising Agency shall be jointly and severally liable for payment and for compliance with all of the terms of this Contract. Johnson City Press may require both advertiser and the agency to sign contract. Agency commissions are available however third party placement fees if accommodated are responsibility of advertiser.
8. CURRENT RATE. Parties hereto acknowledge that Johnson City Press advertising rates are subject to change as provided for in paragraph 9 below Parties further agree that the term CURRENT RATE as used in the agreement denotes the latest advertising rate being charged by the Johnson City Press and not the rate that was in effect of the date of the signing of this agreement.
9. JOHNSON CITY PRESS RATE CHANGES. Johnson City Press may revise its advertising rate schedule at any time upon 30 days written notice to the Advertiser. New rates are made effective by giving 15 days prior written notice to the Johnson City Press, provided however, that such 15 day notice must be given prior to the date upon which the new rate schedule becomes effective.
10. TAXES. In the event that any federal, state or local taxes are imposed on the printing of advertising material or on the sale of advertising space, such taxes shall be assumed and paid by Advertiser.
11. PAYMENT, INTEREST RATE, AND ATTORNEY'S FEES. ADVERTISER AGREES TO MAKE PAYMENT IN ADVANCE UNLESS, CREDIT APPROVAL IS GIVEN BY JOHNSON CITY PRESS. With credit approval, payment is due within 30 days of the billing date indicated on Johnson City Press's statement. And in the event Advertiser fails to pay, it is agreed that Johnson City Press may reject any advertising copy and/or immediately cancel this agreement. ADVERTISER AGREES TO PAY A FINANCE CHARGE OF 1.5% PER MONTH (18% ANNUALLY) ON ALL PAST DUE BALANCES UNDER THIS CONTRACT, WHICH IS DEFINED AS ANY BALANCE WHICH HAS NOT BEEN PAID WITHIN 30 DAYS AFTER ADVERTISER HAS BEEN BILLED FOR SAID AMOUNT. Advertiser further agrees that in the event Johnson City Press engages an Attorney or Collection Agency to enforce or defend any provision of this agreement or to enforce collection of any unpaid advertising debt, Advertiser shall indemnify and hold Johnson City Press harmless for all reasonable Attorney's fees and costs and or 30% Collection Agency fees and costs so incurred.
12. JURISDICTION. Advertiser acknowledges the Johnson City Press as publishing the Johnson City Press of Johnson City, TN, and agrees that any collection action against Advertiser may be brought by the Johnson City Press in Washington County, TN.
13. HOLD-HARMLESS. Advertiser and Advertising Agency agree to hold harmless and indemnify Johnson City Press from all damage, costs and expenses, of any nature whatsoever, for which Johnson City Press may become liable by reason of its publication of Advertiser's advertising.
14. TRANSFER. The rights, privileges and prerogatives of any advertiser signing a contract with Johnson City Press may NOT be transferred to another Advertiser who owns and operates other businesses or franchises. Legal proof of ownership may be requested.
15. GENERAL REGULATIONS. General copy regulations and mechanical requirements explained in current rate cards apply.
Johnsoncitypress.com is owned and operated by Johnson City Publishing and contain material in whole or in part from the Johnson City Press and other sources protected by international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. This site is not intended for children 16 and under and any use of the site or its content by children 16 and under should be with the direct supervision of an adult. Site users may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, post, transmit or distribute in any way any material from this site. Users may download material from this site for their personal, non-commercial use, provided they keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. By posting messages, e-mail or engaging in any other form of communication through johnsoncitypress.com, users are granting Johnson City Publishing royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide license to: 1. Use, copy, sublicense, adapt, transmit, publicly perform or display any such communication. 2. Sublicense to third parties the unrestricted right to exercise any of the foregoing rights granted with respect to the communication. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such communication, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction.
Copyright of Forums and blogs featured on johnsoncitypress.com is held by the individual creators and is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. By having your forum or blog featured on johnsoncitypress.com you are agreeing that you are entirely responsible for all content that you make available through your forum or blog to johnsoncitypress.com and agree to indemnify Johnson City Publishing as provided below: You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise have all necessary rights, including but not limited to copyrights, to the content you provide and the rights to use it as provided in this Terms of Service; that all information you provide is true, accurate, current and complete, and does not violate these Terms of Service; and, that the content will not cause injury to any person or entity
We encourage fair comment and discussion about Johnson City Press stories used on johnsoncitypress.com. It's important for those posting to remember that while comments may be conversational in nature they are subject to the same rules of libel as all other published material. To that end, users posting or blogers must prepare their copy within the same legal boundaries as professional journalists and are subject to the same libel laws as professional journalists. There are numerous reference works about libel law in print on the Web that may be consulted if there are questions. In general, libel is injury to reputation. The Associated Press libel manual says, "Words, pictures or cartoon that expose a person to public hatred, shame, disgrace or ridicule, or induce an ill opinion of a person are libelous." "Actions for civil libel result mainly in stories that allege crime, fraud, dishonesty, immoral or dishonorable conduct, or stories that defame the subject professionally, causing financial loss either personal or to a business." There is only one complete and unconditional defense to civil action for libel. That defense is that the facts in the story are provably true. The AP libel manual also points out: "The publication of defamatory matter that consists of comment and opinion, as distinguished from fact, with reference to matters of public interest or importance, is covered by the defense of fair comment as long as the facts stated are true." "Everyone has the right to comment on matters of public interest and concern, provided they do so fairly and with an honest purpose. Such comments or criticism are not libelous, however severe in their terms, unless they are written maliciously." Posts that are in all capital letters, have an inordinate number of errors or have gross errors in fact will be rejected. Posts that are potentially libelous or otherwise inappropriate will be removed. Posting comments also requires a valid e-mail address as part of the user's profile. Comments that are not backed up by a valid e-mail address will be deleted as will the profile without a valid e-mail address. Repeat offenders will be prohibited from commenting. Those who find such a comment on our site should report it to the site editor.
Some of the content available on johnsoncitypress.com is provided by the Associated Press. By using this site you agree and acknowledge that (1) Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio, and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium and (2) no Associated Press materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. The Associated Press will not be held liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in its materials or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part of its materials, or for any damages arising from any of the foregoing.
Johnsoncitypress.com provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Neither johnsoncitypress.com nor Johnson City Publishing operates or controls any information, products or services on third-party sites. Content at Johnsoncitypress.com and third-party sites is provided as is and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, johnsoncitypress.com disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Johnsoncitypress.com does not warrant that the functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site, including bulletin boards, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. Johnsoncitypress.com does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the materials in this site or in third-party sites in terms of their correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Users (and not johnsoncitypress.com) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair or correction if any
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to negligence, shall johnsoncitypress.com, its subsidiary and parent companies or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, johnsoncitypress.com materials. Users specifically acknowledge and agree that johnsoncitypress.com is not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user. If a user is dissatisfied with any johnsoncitypress.com material, or with any of johnsoncitypress.com’s terms and conditions, his or her sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using johnsoncitypress.com.
Johnsoncitypress.com is committed to protecting consumer privacy online. We believe that greater protection of personal privacy on the Web will not only protect consumers, but also increase consumer confidence and ultimately their participation in online activities. At johnsoncitypress.com, we intend to give you as much control as possible over your personal information. The purpose of our policy is to inform you about the types of information we gather about you when you visit our site(s), how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, the information.
The right to download and store or output the materials in our site(s) is granted for the user's personal use only, and materials may not be reproduced in any edited form. Any other reproduction, transmission, performance, display or editing of these materials by any means mechanical or electronic without the express written permission of us is strictly prohibited. Users wishing to obtain permission to reprint or reproduce any materials appearing on these sites may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.