- Town hosts fruitful Wayne Scott Strawberry Festival
Updated May 18, 2013 9:26 PM
The town of Unicoi’s annual Wayne Scott Strawberry Festival was held just as Scott Strawberry Farm berries were ripening up this year.
- Siege, Native American Festival set for Sycamore Shoals
Posted May 17, 2013 2:04 PM
ELIZABETHTON — Sycamore Shoals State Historic Area will be hosting two large festivals in the next few weeks. Each festival celebrates life in this area more than 200 years ago, but from two different perspectives.
- Elizabethton High School students honor Vietnam War veterans
Posted May 17, 2013 8:49 AM
ELIZABETHTON — In a ceremony overflowing with tears and emotion, a new generation of Elizabethton High School students said thanks and welcome home to the school’s Vietnam War veterans on Thursday.
- Prizes to be awarded at Unicoi’s annual Strawberry Festival on Saturday
Posted May 15, 2013 10:00 AM
UNICOI — Plants are in bloom and harvesting has commenced, making now the ideal time to celebrate the small fruit that has a large number of local fans.
- Chancellor Johnson, presiding judge of First Judicial District, to retire from ‘dream come true’ June 30
Posted May 13, 2013 9:16 AM
Chancellor Richard Johnson wanted to be a lawyer since high school.
- Local diners provide setting for Mother’s Day celebrations
Posted May 12, 2013 9:34 PM
There are many ways to celebrate Mother’s Day, but one of the most popular in Johnson City is taking mom to visit one of her favorite local eateries.
- Flag Pond Ruritan cooks up 28th Ramp Festival
Posted May 11, 2013 9:23 PM
FLAG POND — Flag Pond Ruritan Club President Richard Waldrop said the 28th annual Ramp Festival was timed perfectly with ramp-growing season in the mountains of Flag Pond this year.
- Strawberry harvesting begun; bountiful crop being delivered to stands, stores now
Posted May 11, 2013 10:13 AM
UNICOI — Friday marked the first day of strawberry harvesting at Unicoi-based Scott’s Strawberry and
- Weekend event at Appalachian Fairgrounds honors veterans
Posted May 9, 2013 11:30 AM
Veterans from all wars and anyone who wants to recognize them are welcome to attend the fourth Veterans Homecoming event at the Appalachian Fairgrounds on Friday and Saturday.
- Mother's Day letter home captures Eliz. soldier's feelings as he prepares to fight in WWII
Posted May 7, 2013 3:41 PM
Being a member of the military means being away from family members and those you love on holidays and special occasions. It goes with the job.
First | Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last
Page : 1 of 62 . Total Records Found: 617